Open scholarships and awards
Click on the individual scholarship or award to make sure you meet the selection critieria and read the application guidelines below.
To be eligible for a Playford Trust scholarship, you must be an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and resident in South Australia. For some scholarships you must be an Australian citizen. Check the selection criteria for the scholarship you are applying for. You must also intend to spend a significant part of your career in SA, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State.
You must apply through the Online Playford Trust Scholarships and Awards Platform.
Search here for all scholarships and awards
- You must apply through the Online Playford Trust Scholarships and Awards Platform
- Create an individual user ID and password to access the platform and submit your application.
- You can save and edit your application as you go for later completion and submission. If necessary, you can also edit your application after you submit it, up to the closing date.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship or award, provided you meet the selection criteria. However, the Playford Trust will only award a single scholarship or award to any one applicant.
- You will need to upload your transcript, or for first-year scholarship applicants, your Record of Achievement and your Tertiary Entrance Statement.
- As part of the application process, it is essential that the Trust receives your academic reference before the closing date for applications.
- Once you have submitted your application, we will contact your referee asking for a statement. Your academic referee must be your current supervisor or a senior academic, such as the dean of school or senior lecturer. If applying for a first-year scholarship, a suitable referee would be your school principal, an assistant principal, or a relevant senior member of staff. They will be required to provide supporting comments about your achievements, character and leadership potential.
- You will be prompted to contact the academic referee you are nominating before you submit your application. Make sure you let them know, in advance, to expect an email from the Playford Trust. Also suggest they check their junk mail.
We look forward to receiving your application.