Final year scholarship
The Playford Trust in partnership with Aurecon offers one $10,000 scholarship.
Aurecon is committed to gender equality. Preference will be given to female students commencing their final year in electrical or civil engineering, or their final year in electrical or civil engineering and business/commerce (double degree). However, all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Aurecon is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company. Working alongside their clients they co-create clever, innovative solutions to some of the world’s most complex challenges, adding value across the project lifecycle through deep technical and advisory expertise. Their clients’ ideas and aspirations drive all that they do.
The successful applicant will undertake a period of work experience during the year at Aurecon – joining a diverse and global team. The aim is to help the student develop skills and knowledge and enhance their industry experience. They will work on projects in a collaborative environment, actively contributing and drawing on the experience of others. The type of work to be undertaken – and level of commitment – will be negotiated between the successful students and Aurecon.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at one of the three South Australian universities, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations.
Aurecon and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection.
Applicants must be:
- ready to commence their final year in electrical or civil engineering, or their final year in electrical or civil engineering and business/commerce (double degree)
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa and a resident of South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
Preference will be given to female students. However, all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Preference will also be given to high performing, resourceful and dynamic applicants who have a passion for re-imagining engineering and designing a better future, and thrive on working as part of a diverse team.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provide a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character, and leadership potential.