Playford Trust / TAFE SA Awards
Twelve awards of $3000 each are being offered by the Playford Trust and its partners across three industry sectors. The number of awards per sector will be determined by the judges.
Modern industry and new technology – including two awards specific to this sector provided by TAFESA.
Eligible courses: Certificate IV in Cyber Security | Certificate IV in Information Technology | Diploma of Information Technology | Certificate III in Laboratory Skills | Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques | Diploma of Laboratory Technology.
Agriculture, agribusiness and food production – including two awards specific to this sector provided by Sandy’s Memorial Trust.
Eligible courses: Certificate II in Agriculture | Certificate III in Agriculture | Certificate IV in Agribusiness | Certificate II in Aquaculture | Certificate III in Aquaculture | Diploma of Food Science and Technology Industries
Environment, conservation and horticulture – including up to three awards specific to this sector provided by Open Gardens South Australia to support those interested in a career in gardens and who will inspire an interest in gardens in others.
Eligible courses: Certificate II in Horticulture | Certificate III in Horticulture | Diploma of Horticulture | Certificate III in Landscape Construction | Certificate III in Conservation and Eco-system Management | Diploma of Conservation and Ecosystem Management | Diploma of Landscape Design | Diploma of Arboriculture | Certificate IV in Surveying and Spatial Information Services (Surveying)
These awards aim to assist students in their future studies.
While students are open to apply at any stage of their TAFE studies, preference will be given to students who:
- have completed at least ONE semester of relevant study, and
- can demonstrate personal and/or professional growth through studying at TAFESA or elsewhere in the Vocational Education and Training sector.
A panel of representatives from the Playford Trust and TAFE SA will make the final selection. The panel’s decision will be based on an assessment of the following:
- Commitment to the issues directly related to the course of study
- Excellent demonstrated understanding of the course of study
- The ability to work in a team and provide leadership
- Excellent work ethic and attitude to learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning and the values of the Playford Trust
- Verbal evidence provided by referee contacts. It is essential applicants provide TWO referee contact details from lecturers/employers for the panel to contact.
To be eligible, students must be an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and resident in South Australia.