Rural and Regional Scholarships
Playford Trust STEM
The Playford Trust seeks to support outstanding students from rural and regional South Australia who intend to enrol as undergraduates to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the State’s three public universities.
Six awards of $5000 each are available for students entering the first year of their university course. These special scholarships will be awarded to promising students who will need to overcome the practical and financial disadvantages associated with living away from their home and community.
The funds are intended to help the recipients cover the additional expenses associated with living and studying in Adelaide, and being removed from the usual level of family support.
Apart from addressing each of the selection criteria, applicants must seek comments about their achievements, character and leadership potential from a teacher or a school referee (such as the Principal, Assistant Principal or Co-ordinator).
Any other awards or scholarships held by the student must be disclosed.
- intend to enrol as an undergraduate to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian public universities
- be an Australian citizen or holder of a permanent resident visa
- have their family base in rural and regional areas of the State
- show potential for high achievement with an excellent secondary level academic record. Allowance may be made for practical and other disadvantages due to remoteness from Adelaide.
- be of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.