FIRST YEAR UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
MINING AND PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
Up to 20 scholarships – valued at $20,000 each – are now available for talented Year 12 STEM students hoping to study either Mining Engineering or Petroleum Engineering at The University of Adelaide in 2021.
Leading resources companies are joining with the South Australian Government to fund a program of prestigious scholarships that recognise the growing demand for engineering expertise in an industry that is leading our technological future.
Our partners are looking to attract some of South Australia’s most talented minds – students keen to excel in a field that offers a range of well-paid and secure jobs.
‘As well as being at the cutting edge of innovation, the resources sector produces materials that enable the boundaries of science to be challenged. As we strive to decarbonise our future, these scholarship recipients will be instrumental in shaping the modern world.’
Rebecca Knol, CEO, SA Chamber of Mines and Energy
Each successful student will receive $10,000 a year for the first two years of their study and have the opportunity to build a career-enhancing relationship with the company supporting them.
The due date for applications has been extended to Friday 26 February 2021.
As well as addressing each of the selection criteria, it is essential that applicants provide two referees; one should be an academic reference and it should include comments about their achievements from a teacher or a school referee (such as the principal, assistant principal or co-ordinator) and a second character based reference from a community member that speaks to their leadership qualities.
To apply you must:
- be ready to begin your first year of study in mining or petroleum engineering at The University of Adelaide in 2021
- be an Australian citizen or holder of a permanent resident visa and a resident of South Australia
- be intending to spend a significant part of your career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- be prepared to develop skills and involve yourself in the industry by undertaking any professional development, mentoring and internship opportunities with the company supporting you.
- show potential for high achievement with an excellent secondary level academic record
- be of good character and display leadership potential.
Students who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.