THIRD OR FOURTH YEAR SCHOLARSHIP
The Playford Trust is thrilled to partner with specialist electrical and electronics engineering firm, Ultra Electronics, to offer a $10,000 scholarship for a third or fourth-year student in electronic engineering, computer science, systems engineering or applied physics.
Ultra Electronics Australia provides a wide range of solutions across a number of domains, including electronic warfare, ISR (intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance), tactical communications, and maritime and underwater warfare.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake a work placement with the company, which has a global reach. The aim of the placement is to help the student develop skills and knowledge and enhance their industry experience. They will work on challenging and interesting projects in a collaborative environment. The type of work to be undertaken – and level of commitment – will be negotiated between the successful student and Ultra Electronics.
Applications for the 2021 scholarship close Friday 22 January 2021.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at one of the three South Australian universities, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations. Ultra Electronics and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection. Their decision will be based on the following selection criteria.
The applicant must be:
- ready to commence either 3rd or 4th year in one of the following areas – electronic engineering, computer science, systems engineering or applied physics.
- an Australian citizen and a resident of South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- prepared to develop skills and enhance their industry participation by undertaking an internship with Ultra Electronics
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
Ultra Electronics has a strong diversity program and the Trust encourages indigenous and female students to apply.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provide a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character, and leadership potential.