Our Partnership with the Thyne Reid Foundation
The Thyne Reid Foundation was created by the late Andrew Thyne Reid in 1944 and 1955. It encourages and supports projects in the fields of medicine, science, creative arts, environment, education, social and community needs.
The Foundation first partnered with the Playford Trust in 2014 and has since generously funded a number of PhD scholarships in the Trust’s priority areas.
In 2022, the Foundation is supporting three PhD scholarships in the Trust’s priority areas of:
- advanced manufacturing and new technologies
- health sciences and enabling technologies
- environmental sciences including water and energy
- mining and resource development and
- agriculture, aquaculture and food production.