Regional Residential Scholarship
St Ann’s Foundation
The Playford Trust in partnership with the St Ann’s Foundation offers a scholarship for a student living at St Ann’s Residential College.
The scholarship supports a promising student intending to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian universities. This student will have overcome the practical and financial disadvantages associated with having their home base located in regional South Australia.
The successful recipient will receive accommodation at St Ann’s College to the value of $7000.
Applications for the 2022 scholarship close Friday 21 January 2022.
The scholarships will be awarded on academic merit with due regard for financial need, character and community contribution.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students enrolled at, and recommended, by St Ann’s.
Applicants must be:
- enrolled at St Ann’s and ready to commence, or continue with, an undergraduate degree at one of the three South Australian universities
- undertaking studies in one of the Trust’s priority areas:
- agriculture, aquaculture and food production
- environmental sciences including water, energy and climate change
- advanced manufacturing and new technologies
- health sciences and enabling technologies and
- mining and resources development
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa who have their family base in regional South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent secondary school or university academic record. Allowance can be made for practical and other disadvantages due to remoteness from Adelaide
- of good character.
Preference will be given to students who identify as indigenous and to students who display leadership potential.
Note: this scholarship may be awarded to the same student in subsequent years subject to their continued enrolment both in their course and at St Ann’s College.