Honours or final year scholarship
SA Power Networks
The Playford Trust, in partnership with SA Power Networks, provides a $7000 scholarship for an undergraduate student in their final year of a degree in Electrical Engineering in the field of power engineering or asset management at one of the three South Australian universities.
SA Power Networks manages South Australia’s electricity distribution network, delivering electricity reliably and safely to more than 850,000 residential and business customers. It is one of the State’s largest businesses, directly employing just over 2100 people in metropolitan and regional South Australia.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will have the opportunity to undertake a work placement at SA Power Networks over the summer period preceding the scholarship. The aim is to help the student develop skills and knowledge and enhance their industry experience. The type of work to be undertaken – and level of commitment – will be negotiated between the successful student and the company.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at one of the three South Australian universities, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations.
SA Power Networks and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection.
Applicants must be:
- ready to commence their final year of electrical engineering in the field of power engineering or asset management
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and resident in South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or are likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provides a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character and leadership potential.