The Playford Trust, in partnership with Cooper Energy, offers a $10,000 scholarship for a student commencing Honours in Geoscience at the University of Adelaide.
Leading resources companies have joined with the South Australian Government to fund a program of prestigious scholarships that recognise the growing demand for engineering expertise in an industry that is leading our technological future.
Our partners are looking to attract some of South Australia’s most talented minds – students keen to excel in a field that offers a range of well-paid and secure jobs.
We recommend that you begin your application as soon as possible and complete as much as you can this year. This allows the Trust to give your name to Cooper Energy early.
‘As well as being at the cutting edge of innovation, the resources sector produces materials that enable the boundaries of science to be challenged. As we strive to decarbonise our future, these scholarship recipients will be instrumental in shaping the modern world.’ – Rebecca Knol, CEO, SA Chamber of Mines and Energy.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at the University of Adelaide, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations.
Cooper Energy and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection.
Applicants must be:
- ready to commence Honours in Geoscience at the University of Adelaide
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and resident in South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provides a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character and leadership potential.