The Playford Trust, in partnership with OZ Minerals, offers a $9000 Honours scholarship in geoscience, mining engineering or chemical engineering at any one of the three South Australian universities.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all its stakeholders.
In South Australia, it owns and operates the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill and the copper-gold mine at Carrapateena. The company has a pipeline of earn-in agreements with experienced exploration companies in Australia and internationally. It also has an operating mine and a significant pipeline of development and exploration opportunities in the Carajás and Gurupi provinces in Brazil.
A strong company culture, an unwavering pursuit to be a modern mining company, and a thirst for finding different and better ways to do things is shared by the OZ Minerals team, encapsulated by its How We Work Together principles and behaviours of:
- Thinking and acting differently
- Building a culture of respect that enables people to succeed
- Focusing on partnerships and collaboration, not hierarchy
- Delivering superior results through effective planning and agile deployment
- Doing what it says it will do and taking action
- Acting with integrity and engaging with stakeholders
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at one of the three South Australian universities, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations.
OZ Minerals and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection.
Applicants must be:
- ready to commence Honours in geoscience, mining engineering or chemical engineering at any one of the three South Australian universities
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa and resident in South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provides a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character and leadership potential.