The Playford Trust, in partnership with OZ Minerals, offers a $9000 Honours scholarship in Geoscience, Mining Engineering or Chemical Engineering at any one of the three South Australian universities.
OZ Minerals is an Australian based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), the company has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders.
It owns and operates Prominent Hill, a high quality copper-gold mine, and Carrapateena, a copper-gold project, both situated in South Australia.
Applications for the 2019 scholarship close Friday 18 January 2019.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at one of the three South Australian universities, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations. OZ Minerals and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection. The decision will be based on the following selection criteria:
Applicants must be:
- ready to commence Honours in geoscience, mining engineering or chemical engineering at any one of the three South Australian universities
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa and resident in South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provides a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character and leadership potential.