DEPARTMENT OF STATE DEVELOPMENT
The Department of State Development in partnership with the Playford Trust and the Defence Teaming Centre delivers the Defence Honours Scholarship and Defence and STEM Internship Programs. The Trust works with these partners to ensure these opportunities attract the best and brightest students South Australia has to offer.
The Programs enable some of the State’s most advanced technology companies to nominate a project to be matched with high performing undergraduate students in their field of interest. The students gain valuable industry experience and are able to enhance their future career and employment prospects by working on real-world tasks.
About the Defence & STEM Internship Program
- The Defence & STEM Internship Program funds internships of between 12 and 24 weeks with defence companies and STEM-based industries.
- Industry partners have opportunities to tap into new ideas and insight from students who are learning cutting edge technologies and applications.
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) field of education.
- Gain valuable industry experience with South Australia’s most advanced technology and defence companies.
- Students may receive up to $8,500 to undertake a 12-week full time or up to 24 weeks part time work placement (payable in two instalments).
Student applications are now open and close Sunday, 30 July 2017.
To apply visit the Defence and Stem Internship Program Website accessed through the button below.
For more information contact Jane Lieu at the Department of State Development on telephone 8226 3136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern students must be:
- an undergraduate
- an Australian citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- undertaking their third or fourth year of a South Australian university and in one of the nominated field of education
- high achievers with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character and have leadership potential.
Students must maintain a satisfactory academic progress and meet the eligibility criteria through out the period of the internship.
Students accepting the scholarship will be required to participate in a professional and entrepreneurship skills course.