HONOURS SCHOLARSHIP IN EARTH SCIENCES
The Playford Trust in partnership with the South Australian Division of the Geological Society of Australia offers a $5,000 scholarship annually to an outstanding student entering a full time Honours year in Earth Sciences at a South Australian university.
The Geological Society of Australia is the premier Australian geoscience society, established as a non-profit learned organisation in 1952 to promote, advance and support Earth Sciences in Australia. Members come from minerals and petroleum industries, government departments, research and education institutions and consultancy groups.
Nominations for the GSA Honours Earth Sciences Scholarship are sought directly from students or from the three universities for the consideration of the Trust.
Applications close Friday 19 January 2018.
The Trust calls for nominations from students or from the three South Australian Universities. The Trust reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations. In consultation with the GSA-SA Division, the Trust will make the final selection. The decision will be based on an assessment of the following:
- Students are undertaking full time Honours in Earth Sciences at any one of the three universities.
- Students are Australian citizens or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and are South Australian residents who are likely to further their career in South Australia or are likely to be providing a benefit to the State.
- Students are high achievers with an excellent undergraduate academic record.
- Students are of good character and preference should be given to students who display leadership potential.
Consideration will also be given to the following, although students are not precluded form applying based on these criteria:
- Students can demonstrate they are considering further studies/research post-Honours.
- Students do not concurrently hold any other major industry-related scholarship.
Students are encouraged to be members of the GSA.