The Playford Trust provides up to five (5) awards of $2000 each for TAFE SA students undertaking a Certificate ll, lll or Diploma in the following areas: Horticulture, Aquaculture, Agriculture, Conservation and Land Management, Mining and Exploration, Spatial Information and Surveying and Food Technology. These awards aim to assist students in their future studies.
While students are open to apply at any stage of their TAFE studies, preference will be given to students who:
- have completed at least ONE semester of study
- OR, can demonstrate personal and/or professional growth through studying at TAFESA or elsewhere in the Vocational Education and Training sector.
Applications for 2020 have now closed.
A panel with representatives from the Playford Trust and TAFE SA will make the final selection. The panel’s decision will be based on an assessment of the following:
- Commitment to the issues directly related to the course of study
- Excellent demonstrated understanding of the course of study
- The ability to work in a team and provide leadership
- Excellent work ethic and attitude to learning
- A commitment to lifelong learning and the values of the Playford Trust.
- Verbal evidence provided by referee contacts. It is essential applicants provide TWO referee contact details from Lecturers/Employers for the panel to contact.
To be eligible, students must be an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and resident in South Australia.