OPEN GARDENS SA
In partnership with Open Gardens South Australia, the Playford Trust offers up to three (3) awards of $2000 each for TAFE SA students studying a Certificate ll, lll or Diploma in the following areas: Horticulture (horticulture, arboriculture, landscape construction, production horticulture, landscape design) and Conservation and Land Management. These awards provide support to those interested in a career in gardens and who will inspire an interest in gardens in others.
Successful students will be asked to share their experience with Open Gardens SA and talk about how they have been able to use the award to further their career, or foster an interest in gardens, and about their future aspirations.
While students are open to apply at any stage of their TAFE studies, preference will be given to students who:
have completed at least ONE semester of study
OR, can demonstrate personal and/or professional growth through studying at TAFESA or elsewhere in the Vocational Education and Training sector.
Applications will reopen August 2020.
- Commitment to the issues directly related to the course of study
- Excellent demonstrated understanding of the course of study
- The ability to work in a team and provide leadership
- Excellent work ethic and attitude to learning
- Verbal evidence provided by referee contacts. It is essential applicants provide TWO referee contact details from Lecturers/Employers for the panel to contact.
Applicants eligible for the Open Gardens SA/Playford Trust/TAFE SA Award will also be asked to describe their interest in gardens, how they are developing this through their education and/or training or personal activities, how they will progress their career in the garden sector, and how they might aim to inspire an interest in gardens in others.
Open Gardens SA may meet with students as part of the selection process.