OPEN GARDENS SA
With the generous support of Open Gardens South Australia, the Playford Trust offers up to three (3) awards of $2000 each for TAFE SA students studying in the following areas: Horticulture (horticulture, arboriculture, landscape construction, production horticulture, landscape design) and Conservation and Land Management. These awards are for exceptional students with an interest in gardens and the determination to inspire a love of gardens in others.
Successful students will be asked to share their experience with Open Gardens SA and talk about how they have been able to use the award to further their career, or foster an interest in gardens, and about their future aspirations.
Applications close Friday 14 September 2018.
A panel with representatives from the Playford Trust and TAFE SA in consultation with Open Gardens SA will make the final selection based on an assessment of the following:
- Commitment to the issues directly related to the course of study
- Excellent demonstrated understanding of the course of study
- The ability to work in a team and provide leadership
- Excellent work ethic and attitude to learning
- Verbal evidence provided by referee contacts. It is essential applicants provide TWO referee contact details from Lecturers/Employers for the panel to contact.
Applicants eligible for the Open Gardens SA/Playford Trust/TAFE SA Award will also be asked to describe their interest in gardens, how they are developing this through their education and/or training or personal activities, how they will progress their career in the garden sector, and how they might aim to inspire an interest in gardens in others.
Open Gardens SA may meet with students as part of the selection process.