The Playford Trust, in partnership with the Fay Fuller Foundation, is offering a $7000 Scholarship in Health Science to an Honours student majoring in Public Health.
The Fay Fuller Foundation was established in 2003 to give support to the community across a wide range of areas. The Foundation believes South Australia is a great place to live and wants to continue to build upon this, particularly in the area of health. It has distributed funds to a variety of organisations in South Australia, including those supporting children, health related issues, education and scientific research.
Applications for the 2020 scholarship close Friday 17 January 2020.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at one of the three South Australian universities and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations. It will make the final selection in consultation with the Fay Fuller Foundation, based on the following selection criteria:
Applicants must be:
- ready to commence Honours in health science, majoring in public health at any one of the three South Australian universities
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa and resident in South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provides a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character and leadership potential.