ST ANN’S COLLEGE
The Playford Trust in partnership with Chartwells and St Ann’s college offers two residential scholarships for students residing at St Ann’s – one to a student continuing to reside at the college and the other to a student enrolling for the first time.
The scholarships support promising students intending to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian universities and who need to overcome the practical and financial disadvantages associated with having their home base located in regional South Australia.
The successful recipients will each receive accommodation at St Ann’s college to the value of $7000.
Applications for these scholarships close Friday 18 January 2019.
The scholarships will be awarded on academic merit with due regard for financial need, character and community contribution.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students enrolled at, and recommended by St Ann’s.
Applicants must be:
- enrolled at St Ann’s and ready to commence, or continue with, an undergraduate degree at one of the three South Australian universities
- undertaking studies in one of the Trust’s priority areas:
- agriculture, aquaculture and food production
- water, energy and climate change
- advanced manufacturing and new technologies
- health sciences and enabling technologies and
- mining and resources development
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa who have their family base in regional South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent secondary school or university academic record. Allowance can be made for practical and other disadvantages due to remoteness from Adelaide
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.