MASTER OF TEACHING SCHOLARSHIP
The Playford Trust is delighted to partner with Flinders University to offer a $10,000 scholarship to encourage graduates in science, particularly physics and math majors, to contemplate a career as a teacher. This two year scholarship will support a graduate commencing a Masters of Teaching at Flinders University. The scholarship is valued at $20,000 and is paid at the rate of $10,000 per annum for two years.
The recipient of this scholarship must meet the conditions of entry as determined by the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work at Flinders University.
Applications for the 2020 scholarships have now closed.
The Playford Trust will consider nominations from students studying at Flinders University, and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the nominations. Flinders University and the Playford Trust will jointly make the final selection. Their decision will be based on the following selection criteria.
The applicant must be:
- ready to commence the Masters of Teaching and meet the entry criteria for Physics and or Mathematics secondary teaching
- an Australian citizen or a holder of a permanent resident visa and a resident of South Australia
- intending to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia, or be likely to provide a benefit to the State
- a high achiever, with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character. Preference will be given to students who display leadership potential.
It is essential that the applicant’s supervisor or an academic referee (e.g. dean of school/faculty, or lecturer) provide a supporting comment about the student’s achievements, character, and leadership potential.