DEFENCE HONOURS SCHOLARSHIPS
DEPARTMENT OF STATE DEVELOPMENT
The Defence Honours Scholarship Program is delivered by the Department of State Development in partnership with the Playford Trust and the Defence Teaming Centre. The program enabes industry partners to tap into new ideas and insight from students who are learning cutting edge technologies and applications.
Hosted by some of the State’s most advanced technology companies, students have the opportunity to undertake an industry nominated Honours project and gain work experience in defence and defence related industries.
The Program is open to undergraduate students majoring in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) field of education. Students receive $7,000, gain valuable industry experience and build connections in the South Australia’s defence sector.
Student applications are now open and close Sunday 1 October 2017.
Students can review the industry nominated projects and apply through the Department of State Development website.
An assessment panel with members from the Playford Trust, the Department of State Development and the Defence Teaming Centre SA will shortlist applications. Industry partners will make the final selection based on the shortlist of candidates.
Students must be:
- an undergraduate
- an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian citizen
- in their third year or above of study at a South Australian university and in one of the nominated fields of education
- high achievers with an excellent undergraduate academic record
- of good character and have leadership potential
- able to maintain satisfactory academic progress and full time study, and meet the eligibility criteria throughout the period of the scholarship.
Students accepting the scholarship will be required to participate in a professional and entrepreneurship skills course.