ST ANN’S COLLEGE
The Playford Trust in partnership with Chartwells and St Ann’s College offers two Residential Scholarships awarded to students residing at St Ann’s College; one to a student continuing to reside at the College and the other to a student enrolling for the first time.
The scholarships are directed to promising students intending to study science, engineering, mathematics or technology subjects at one of the three South Australian universities and who need to overcome the practical and financial disadvantages associated with having their home base located in regional South Australia.
The successful recipients will each receive accommodation at St Ann’s College to the value of $7,000.
The scholarships will be awarded on academic merit with due regard for financial need, character and community contribution.
- Students are enrolled at St Ann’s and will commence or continue with an undergraduate degree at one of the three South Australian universities in the following priority areas for the Trust:
- Agriculture and Food Production
- Water, Energy and Climate Change
- Advanced Manufacturing and New Technologies
- Mining and Resources Development.
- Students are Australian citizens or a holder of a permanent resident visa who have their family base in regional South Australia.
- Students must show potential for high achievement, with an excellent secondary school or university academic record. Allowance can be made for practical and other disadvantages due to remoteness from Adelaide.
- Students are of good character with preference given to students who display leadership potential.
The Trust will consider nominations from students enrolled at the College and recommended by St Ann’s College.