CRC for Cell Therapy Manufacturing
The Playford Trust in partnership with the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre is offering one scholarship to a student undertaking a PhD research project with the CRC.
The CRC has a focus on making cell therapies more affordable and accessible through intervention with novel materials-based technologies. The CRC aims to address the significant changes associated with cost effective scale up, ensuring rapid and seamless translation into clinical practice. It will provide new treatments and develop new materials-based manufacturing technologies for the treatment of conditions such as diabetes, chronic wounds, cardiovascular disease, and immune-mediated diseases such as graft versus host disease.
The Trust seeks to provide scholarships that supplements an existing Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or similar award. A sum of $8,000 will be paid per annum for three years. The Trust will accept an application for an extension of time, subject to satisfactory progress and appropriate support from the university and the PhD supervisor. Approval of such an extension is not automatic.
The CRC will select their preferred candidate through an internal process, with the Playford Trust making the final decision. The selection will be based on an assessment of the following:
- Students are undertaking PhD research projects with the CRC.
- Students are Australian citizens or a holder of a permanent resident visa, and are South Australian residents who are likely to spend a significant part of their career in South Australia or are likely to provide a benefit to the State.
- Students are high achievers, with an excellent undergraduate academic record.
- Students are of good character with preference given to students that display leadership potential.
- An APA or equivalent award primarily supports the student.